Are you looking for a job in a dynamic, international, and young company?!
And have affinity with the gaming industry?
Gaming Laboratories International is a world leader in testing gaming devices and online systems standards in the gaming, wagering and lottery industries. We have established an incomparable
team of highly trained, hand-picked experts to deliver world-class services to the global gaming industry.
We are looking for a full time person (40 hours per week)The Engineering Technical Assistant (ETA) contributes meaningful work to projects and supports the Evolution Gaming Global Team. The ETA creates and follows processes to consistently execute and they coordinate with all team members to ensure consistent and timely deliverables.
What You Will Accomplish Here…
The Engineering Technical Assistant will review specific areas of work performed by Test Technicians and Test Engineers. This involves proofreading and conducting related research to ensure our clients receive accurate certifications. The Engineering Technical Assistant also performs limited tasks traditionally done by those doing the testing.
We are searching for someone who is passionate about accuracy and quality to help support the Engineering business strategies.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Ensuring Accuracy and Consistency
- Performing Incoming reviews on files and transfers with minimal interaction or support
- Verifying all submitted materials are accurate and complete, and creating submissions and file setup as needed
- Creating and modifying game and component descriptions as needed
- Creating and modifying jurisdictional deliverables as needed
- Performing Outgoing reviews on files and transfers with minimal interaction or support
- Performing Database, Protrack, GPS, and JIRA updates as needed
- Creating organized Statements of Work templates and deliver professional email estimates to fixed price clients
- Providing organized templates for standard complexity timeline estimates and project costs
- Providing feedback to managers on quality issues
- Working closely with teams to identify common mistakes, areas for improvement, and efficiencies in process
- Running reports for manager as requested
- Monitoring target dates for others’ queues and alerting as requested
- Providing updates to Engineering team for regulatory specifics, QA / departmental updates, and how to handle internal process changes
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Must have adequate skill, expertise, and knowledge to perform tasks within the acceptable level of quality
- Continuing Education and development of skills and abilities preferred
- Must have high degree of integrity and trust
- Ability to be forward-thinking to automate process and procedures
- Ability to manage own assignments and ask for support as needed
- Ability to articulate and communicate deficiencies found in review to engineers, in both written and verbal form
- Ability to organize data and thoughts succinctly to technical teams
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with internal and external parties
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Available to work full-time 40 hours weekly
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
- 25 holidays per year, excluding bank holidays
- Pension Plan
- Commute travel allowance, covering 100% of public transportation €0,19ct by car and €0,10ct by bike
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- €25, – monthly health insurance contribution
- €15, – monthly wellbeing contribution
- 2€ for each day worked from home (hybrid model 3 days in the office and 2 from home)
- Quarterly company events
- Quarterly team lunches
- Educational Assistance Program
- Discretionary Annual Salary Reviews
- Opportunity to work in a diverse workplace with 48 different nationalities
- Fresh fruit at the office
- Weekly Friday Social Hour
Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) is a gaming services company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
GLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.